The AVP Academy Beach Clinics will be at select AVP Championship events across the nation. 2019 Event locations include: Gulf Shores, AL, Virginia Beach, VA, and Atlantic City, NJ. Each event is open to all athletes who are committed to understanding themselves and moving ahead as a beach volleyball player, and per NCAA rules, this event is open to any and all entrants limited only by age, gender, grade, or number.
“Each year we have ventured to bring leading edge ideas and training to the beach volleyball world that are not fads or the same worn out platitudes. With top college coaches on court, working with your athletes, these event will be a major opportunity for young people. ” -Stephen McCarthy. Director of Camps and Clinics at AVP Academy
Cost: $150 per player.
Beach Clinic Approximately 3 hours
1. Introductions, Warmup and On-court Drills with Coaches, 2 hours
2. Coaches Panel (Off Court): Coaches answer players and parent questions, subjects to include; how to get recruited in beach, best practices for skill development, how to get connected to the beach community when there is no beach club in your area, among others, 1 hour
Times are subject to change due number of participants, weather, etc.
2019 Beach Clinic Dates and Location Information:
- Gulf Region: Alabama: March 23rd
- Florida: April 2019
- Northeast: the weekend of May 25th
- New England: the weekend of June 1st
- Atlantic/VIrgina Region: the weekend of June 15th
- East Coast Championships, Atlantic City: June 26th
- Northwest Zonal Qualifier: TBD
MONTROSE BEACH (CHICAGO, IL)
Colleges Expected: To Be Determined
Session Dates: June 8th-9th: Day 1: Check in time at 8:30 am, Clinic Session from 9am-3pm. Day 2: 7:30 am Check in time, 8:00am Player meeting and AVPAmerica tournament.
Montrose Beach, Chicago
200 W Montrose Harbor Dr
Chicago, IL 60613C
List of Colleges in Attendance: **Colleges mentioned with locations are tentative only. **
Click link for additional TMP Beach Volleyball Tournaments and Camps